Thread: Looking for some inspiration?

Looking for some inspiration?

Looking for inspiration for an adventure? look no further than Alistair Humphreys.

Alistair is a first class adventurer, his books are beautiful, and more importantly, they are inspirational to young and old alike. By the time you have read the book, you will be planning your next adventure, or possibly your first!

This is one of nine books he has written, Alistair is an advocate of the microadventure, one which he describes as being, 'close to home, cheap, simple, short, and yet very effective'.

This book has certainly inspired my love for living 'outside of the box' and helping me to find new ways of enjoying my life.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...9CV9TKC14AAMAN

Blog Entries
    I've never heard of Alistair Humphreys before. But, thank you for sharing his book and some inspiration for adventures.

I've got his other book, 'Micro adventures: local discoveries for great escapes' it's a great little book full of inspiring things to do, albeit some of them quite random. You may not want to do his suggestions, but it does give food for thought and helps you to come up with some ideas of your own.

Theres inspiration and there is do-able inspiration. I have to admit I have not read the book, but read a similar one recently and I found that the suggestions were suitable for those that either are fit enough to undertake the adventure, had the equipment, skills etc

I think you have to be a certain type of person to get the benefit of these inspirational books.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellyjames View Post
    I think you have to be a certain type of person to get the benefit of these inspirational books.
    I’m sure you are right, but doesn’t the same go for all books? I personally wouldn’t Look at a book on crown green bowling, but it doesn’t mean to say that to the right person it’s is a good book, that is worth a read.