Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hair loss

Hair loss

Can anyone make some suggestions to improve the rate my hair seems to be falling out?

I dread washing because I can handfuls of hair, brushing it is not much better. I feel my hair is thin as a result. I’ve tried thickening shampoos etc, but what I want is any suggestions of food, therapies or supplements that may be able to help me from inside out.

Have you tried Biotin? What is your diet like, do you eat meat?

Have you tried massaging your scalp every Night? The increased blood flow to the scalp will help encourage hair growth and strengthen your hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellee View Post
    Have you tried Biotin? What is your diet like, do you eat meat?
    I don’t eat meat, but I do get plenty of protein from my diet from the dairy I eat. I haven’t tried Biotin, what does it do?

Have you tried Kelp supplements? it is worth having a look at your diet and seeing where improvements can be made.

Also, if you haven't already it may be worth approaching your doctor for advice/investigations.

I’ve recently come across a herbal supplement called biotin which you can take in doses up to 5000 mcg a day, this helps to make hair stronger and thicker. My Neice uses it and has found a tremendous difference in the quality of her hair. She has been taking doses of 2000 mcg.

I believe Biotin is available in eggs, but if you are a vegan, this may be a good alternative to consider.

Biotin works really well

In India they swear by adding oils to their hair on a weekly basis to reduce breakages.

There have been lots of people reporting hair loss post Covid, I don’t know why a virus can cause hair loss, but I guess the virus has to work through the system, so recovery can take a while and will just occur after the virus has left the system.

Unfortunately there are no cures for hair loss and sadly lots of people capitalise on this by asking large amounts of money for a ‘miracle cure’ for baldness that doesn’t work!