Thread: The weight of the nation

The weight of the nation

I was driving through my local town the other day at a snails pace due to traffic, and this afforded me the time to look around and take in the beauty of the people.

I have to say, I was really quite shocked at the size and health of MOST of the people. What happened to our race? We look like the living dead.

I’ve also noticed that when a child is actually the correct weight for their height, they are actually starting to look thin and underweight when compared to the masses.

We are not a healthy species despite all of our medical advances.

I have noticed that more and more companies are using what was once termed ‘plus sized’ models, which has been argued as ‘normal’ size. I have mixed feelings about this, while I don’t think it is right to use size 0 models, I worry about society becoming used to a larger frame as being the norm.

I don’t think we should accept the larger as okay, when it is not. We need to encourage people to recognise what a healthy weight for their height is, not slowly brain wash society into thinking size 16 is okay.

Ha ha, it’s funny that you have observed that, I love people watching and have noticed that people in general don’t look healthy, they don’t walk with a spring in their step, no glowing skin or hair. Very few seem the correct weight.

We are definitely becoming sicker, not healthier for all our free healthcare and supplements. Why don’t we look at the cause? Why don’t people ask, ‘what is making us so sick’?

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    We are definitely becoming sicker, not healthier for all our free healthcare and supplements. Why don’t we look at the cause? Why don’t people ask, ‘what is making us so sick’?
    I agree with you, it is a question I have often asked and fail to understand why there is such apathy in want ing to ask this question. I sometimes think people don't want the answer, because that puts the onus on them to make changes.