I thought I would share my journey of becoming a reiki practitioner with you, I welcome all contributions, especially from those that have also undertaken, or are currently undertaking this same journey.

I started my reiki experience with much scepticism of the therapy, it is not that I disbelieved in it, I was simply not fully sure if it actually 'healed'. I have scoured numerous websites many of which suggested this was a 'mind over matter' therapy and so I wasn't really sure what to expect. Anyway, not one to knock anything unless I have tried it, I decided to give it a go. Wow! I felt so energised and 'buzzing' and from that moment on, I have been hooked.

So much so, I decided I wanted to be part of this beautiful healing therapy, So I have received my attunement and have begun my 21 days of self-healing.

Reiki one is about healing yourself and working with the energy of reiki, it is said that the more you use it the stronger it becomes and the more you are aware of the subtle shifts in energies.
I have kept a journal of my day to day progression in self-healing and I have to say, I love this time. It is a moment of complete relaxation and almost meditation, a practice I have long struggled with due to the 'noises in my head', yet oddly, I find I am able to totally relax and as a general rule 'switch off'.

This period of self healing has made me aware of my 'self', in terms of how I project myself in the outside world, and how I feel about that person. It has made me realise that changes are needed and as a result a general 'peace' appears to have bestowed my body.

I am not sure if it is the process of healing, the opportunity of self-indulgent meditation or it is indeed mind over matter. Either way, changes are afoot and I for one are looking forward to the new and much needed improved me