Thread: Air purifiers - the next big thing?

Air purifiers - the next big thing?

Did you know that indoor air can be five times more polluted than outdoor air?

There is a lot of emphasis on the condition of our air and how it is causing multiple health problems. Could it be that air purifiers are the next big thing in healthy living?

I bought an air purifier last year to help filter out the pollen in my bedroom as I suffer terribly from allergies. It does seem to make a slight difference, but if I’m being honest, the minute I step onto the landing, or into the rest of my house, the allergy reaction comes back.

So will such an expense make a huge difference to our overall health? Would you need them in every room in your house? Maybe they are more beneficial for city living?

I had an ironiser as a child because of my allergies and I had to sleep with it next to my bed. I wonder how close you have to get to these machines and how much do they cost to buy and run

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte View Post
    I had an ironiser as a child because of my allergies and I had to sleep with it next to my bed. I wonder how close you have to get to these machines and how much do they cost to buy and run
    I think you have to have quite a decent size ionizer to maximise the benefits, I think it based on the size of the room it is going in. These are slightly different from the air purifiers that filter the air.
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life

The thing about air purifiers is how do you know they are actually working?

Also, if you put one in a room, shut the door and filtered that air, the minute you open the door, unfiltered air rushes into the room and negates all the good work. Surely, this is yet another health gimmick to get people to Buy into a concept.

I think they are good at filtering pollen from the air, but it would mean you have to keep your windows closed.

What is the difference between an air purifier and an Ionizer?

Quote Originally Posted by cherry View Post
    I think they are good at filtering pollen from the air, but it would mean you have to keep your windows closed.

What is the difference between an air purifier and an Ionizer?
    I think an air purifier filters out allergens, pollens and dust particles whereas an ionizer changes the electricity in the air to negative ions which are said to be healthier for us. You can get a similar effect from being near a waterfall.