Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vitamins

Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    Is there evidence that the better more expensive the product the better quality it is?
    I would imagine there would be less fillers in the more expensive brands. I doubt there is much difference between one that is selling a vit for £2 and one selling it for £4, I think you would have to be going to the higher priced brackets to really see any real benefit.

Blog Entries
    I think the answer is always, read the label. Price is not an indicator of quality and let’s be honest, you can have some expensive toxins added to your product!

To be safe, read the label.
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life

There is so much bad press around the use of vitamins, I’m always torn between taking them, and not. Which are good sources. I do try and eat a varied diet to incorporate as many naturally occurring vitamins as possible, but I do sometimes feel I am lacking.

I am 50 now and I take a multivitamin every day, I notice a big difference in my health when I don’t take it. I catch every cough cold or stomach upset. So I definitely recommend taking vitamins especially if like me your diet isn’t the healthiest!

I take a multi vitamin every day and I notice a difference in my health when I don’t. I catch every virus doing the rounds but when I take a regular multi vitamin I might get a mild dose but it’s gone in 24 hours so I highly recommend taking them

I would like to know why big brand vitamins are really expensive but the supermarket equivalent is half the price! Are the cheaper ones less effective and if so how can they claim to have the same ingredients?

I think the more expensive they are they more refined the ingredients but I’m not sure there is any evidence of this

I never think to look for such things as fillers and sugars, I just read the vitamins it contains! I will definitely look closer at what’s in them

They did an article about vitamins on the TV the other day and there is no difference between own brand and famous brands. Every vitamin has to go through rigorous testing and conform to a particular standard so save your money and buy the cheapest as long as it is from a reputable company like a supermarket. I think it’s better to take a cheaper alternative than to go without because you can’t afford the big brands