Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Health drinks on the rise

Health drinks on the rise

Have you noticed how there is now an array of healthy drinks on our supermarket shelves, I recently bought ‘Birch water’ tapped straight from the tree. I noticed an article for it in a magazine and thought I’d give it a try.

At £1.30 for 250mls I can’t say it’s cheap, but it is refreshing, and apparently supplying 15% of your daily manganese requirement.

I was shocked at the choices available in my local Sainsbury’s and have to admit I was tempted by their range. But the prices are extreme and to be honest, I do worry about the chemical put into such health drinks to keep them ‘fresh’.

I like the fact there are more choices available than ever, but I agree you do have to shop wisely.

I would stay clear of them, make your own. They will be full of preservatives.

I have noticed a massive explosion of so called health drinks since there has been a huge focus on demonising fizzy frinks.
    But there is nothing healthy about these drinks, they are loaded with all kinds of chemicals and even those that maintain there is just fruit and veg must have some form of stabiliser in them.

It seems that rather than controlling the crap that children drink, the government has unleashed a monster! At least when people drank fizzy drinks they knew they were not healthy, now people are blindly drinking this ‘expensive’ stuff believing it to be the healthy option!

What happened to the tax on soft drink? I saw a litre of Irn Bru for £1 .

Yet the health drinks come in tiny sizes at extortionate prices. Oh! And they are not healthy

Quote Originally Posted by cherry View Post
    What happened to the tax on soft drink? I saw a litre of Irn Bru for £1
    I have to admit, this hasn’t escaped my attention either, what happened to the tax on sugary drinks? How can the companies possibly make, bottle and transport this stuff for £1 and still make a profit? Is the sugary drinks industry subsidised?
    Last edited by Teal; 8th November 2018 at 08:47.

What is the obsession with flavoured, fizzy, health drinks? It is just wasted, processed calories that do not serve anyone well. People don’t even consider them as a food substitute, which based on their calories they often are?

Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    What is the obsession with flavoured, fizzy, health drinks? It is just wasted, processed calories that do not serve anyone well. People don’t even consider them as a food substitute, which based on their calories they often are?
    I think the fizzy health drink is to entice a market that doesn’t usually buy health drinks maybe?

Let’s face it you can even buy Smart Water so they have tried to entice people with a clever water