Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Health drinks on the rise

Health drinks are nothing but overpriced sugar waters, everyone wants a quick fix!

The best health drink that has ever existed is water! Ideally clean spring water, as even tap water is chemically laden

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Health drinks are nothing but overpriced sugar waters, everyone wants a quick fix!

The best health drink that has ever existed is water! Ideally clean spring water, as even tap water is chemically laden
    I’m surprised they don’t market water as a health drink!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben17 View Post
    Let’s face it you can even buy Smart Water so they have tried to entice people with a clever water
    I might be needing to drink a fair bit of this water then mate

I’ve seen more health drinks being marketed recently, the companies seem to be jumping on the ‘plant-based’ health movement, but I think it would be wise to remember that sugar is in fact a plant!

I like the idea of having a drink with health benefits, for some people it’s the only healthy thing they consume!

What about Kombucha? It seems to be everywhere at the moment and certainly touted as a health drink, despite it being made from fermented sugar

Blog Entries
    Sorry this is so long, it was never meant to be, and as you can see, I seem to be having trouble speaking today!

Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life

I think these health drinks are just a gimmick, you are quite right Louise, water is all that the body requires, you could add an effervescent multi-vitamin to your water and you would bet a better drink than what these companies are selling, at extortionate prices.

But sadly we live in a world, where people want to consume/buy stuff, especially health!

I have always enjoyed having a fruit smoothie that I buy on my way to work but my friend pointed out that when you blend the fruit it is 10 times more calorific than if you eat the fruit whole, you are also releasing all the sugars that are not good for you!