Thread: Suncream to do, or not to do?

Suncream to do, or not to do?

The sun has finally arrived and the media reminds us to slather on the suncream.

Im increasingly concerned about the growing skin cancer rate, and I have read articles linking the use of sun screen with these growing rates.

Any opinions on this?

Blog Entries
    Hi Teal, It is a worrying trend the increase of skin cancer, I do wonder how much of this has do do with the sun, and how much is it do do with the foods we eat and the toxins we put on and in our body. Personally, I think this is a more likely cause of skin cancer.

Humans evolved in the outdoors, I would like to think this evolution equipped us with the nescessary immunity against the suns rays.

I personally never use suncream, I think it is an advertising ploy to get us to buy suncream.

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
    I personally never use suncream, I think it is an advertising ploy to get us to buy suncream.
    What is an advertising ploy?

I’ve read quite a lot about the toxins load on the skin and how it changes it’s chemical composition when heated by the sun. I think I may go ‘au natural’ but be more aware of the time I am in the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Hippee View Post
    What is an advertising ploy?
    In this case they use scare mongering to sell a product. No one questions the risk of slathering chemical on their skin, but they are afraid of the most natural, life giving force on this planet!

In Ayurveda they have a saying, ‘don’t put anything on your skin that you wouldn’t put on your tongue’. I think this is a good guideline to work from in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
    In Ayurveda they have a saying, ‘don’t put anything on your skin that you wouldn’t put on your tongue’. I think this is a good guideline to work from in life.
    I like this saying, so simple, but so true.