Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grey hair

Grey hair

Why do some people have grey hair very young, and others don’t seem to get it until well into old age.

The Asian community seem to go for a long time without greying hair.

i think it is diet related. The Chinese population do not seem to go as grey as quickly when compared to Westerners.

Blog Entries
    I read somewhere it is due to vitamin and mineral deficiency. If I can find some info, I will be sure to post it.
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life

That would certainly make sense when you consider the quality of the Western diet compared to diets of others around the world.

Grey hair is trendy, embrace it

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
    Grey hair is trendy, embrace it
    I’ve recently given in to the grey hair and decided to stop fighting nature, honestly I feel so much better for it. I hate colouring my hair adding all those toxic chemicals, and now my hair is back to a lovely natural condition. I say Embrace it, and welcome the freedom!
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life

Sorry everyone but I disagree I couldn’t go grey, it would make me feel so old, I’m obviously way too vain

My ethnicity is South Asian, most of my family noticed grey hairs in our 30's, my eldest sister from her 20's. I apply henna to cover my grey roots every 2-3 months

Quote Originally Posted by Dahlia View Post
    My ethnicity is South Asian, most of my family noticed grey hairs in our 30's, my eldest sister from her 20's. I apply henna to cover my grey roots every 2-3 months
    Does the henna keep it at bay? I use a normal hair dye and seem to be dying mine regularly to keep the greys hidden, but the constant dying is damaging the overall condition of my hair. I’ve never considered henna.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow View Post
    Does the henna keep it at bay? I use a normal hair dye and seem to be dying mine regularly to keep the greys hidden, but the constant dying is damaging the overall condition of my hair. I’ve never considered henna.
    If you use henna on your hair it is permanent and will remain in your hair until it grows out so it’s great if regular hair dyes wash out and become less intense after washing it. There is a downside to using henna. It is very difficult to colour over if you want to change your hair colour and it doesn’t matter if you use henna or any permanent colour you will still get regrowth at the roots when your hair grows.