Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Grey hair

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow View Post
    Does the henna keep it at bay? I use a normal hair dye and seem to be dying mine regularly to keep the greys hidden, but the constant dying is damaging the overall condition of my hair. I’ve never considered henna.
    Yes it does for 2-3 months. My hair is dark brown so the henna gives my hair an auburn colour, it's very nourishing for the hair and makes it so shiny. I use a pure henna powder from an online retailer called Suvarna, it's of high quality and refined so washes out really easily. I would recommend you use a dark coloured towel for a few washes after dying with henna.

So now we know the secret to why Asian women have the most beautiful, shined hair!

I thought people can react from Henna, is it worth doing a patch test first? I’ve seen it when people have Henna tattoos and it has caused a reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Teal View Post
    Why do some people have grey hair very young, and others don’t seem to get it until well into old age.

The Asian community seem to go for a long time without greying hair.
    The Asian community traditionally have far better quality foods than we eat here in the UK, they have a far higher use of herbs and spices, nutrient dense foods and possibly have a better quality of life, and I’m not talking financially. You can be very poor, but whole and happy. You can be rich, but poor spiritually and mentally.

There is so much we can learn if we look to Asia, sadly we have an arrogant mindset that we know best, which is embarrassing to say the least!
    Anyway, I digress, My point is, Westerners have a poor diet and poor health, mentally, physically and spiritually and I think this all contributes to early greying and ageing.

It’s going to be dying my roots for many years to come for me I think. I just look so old with grey hair and I am way to vain to go au-naturel

I have noticed women are letting their grey hair show now instead of dying it which I think looks great. As a guy ai would never dye my greys as men with dyed hair just looks grim!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben17 View Post
    I have noticed women are letting their grey hair show now instead of dying it which I think looks great. As a guy ai would never dye my greys as men with dyed hair just looks grim!
    Men are expected to go grey, it a given. In fact they are laughed at, if they start to dye it! I think our natural hair should be encouraged, I’m all for dyeing your hair if it is what you want to do, but if it is because you think society expects that of you, then that’s sad!

I think men get the easier ride when it comes to ageing!

Quote Originally Posted by Dani View Post
    I think men get the easier ride when it comes to ageing!
    Years ago yes, but there is big money in making men feel inadequate and getting them to start using moisturiser and hair dye

I have just dyed my roots again and I have to say it took 10 minutes and no bother at all. I have noticed so many more people are embracing their grey hair but for me it’s still a no. I look washed out with lighter hair and I feel older.

I do love grey hair but a parent came to pick her child up from primary school the other day and her friend said, “Look your granny’s here” the little girl was really upset and her mum wasn’t impressed either!