Thread: Describing reiki

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Describing reiki

I recently had the opportunity to experience Reiki and despite multiple attempts by different people to explain reiki I never really fully understood it. Eventually, I friend bought me a session for my birthday, and I too find myself in the category of not fully being able to describe it.

I tell all my friends and family how amazing it is, then struggle to convey the experience. All I can say to anyone vaguely interested in trying it, is to have a go, experience it for yourself.

Maybe the problem is recognising the difference between explaining the actual practice of reiki, to the experience you feel. Humans have very little concept of the energy around us and it’s power. Not helped by the fact they can’t see it, thereby it makes explaining anything with ‘invisible’ Energy and how it can affect you, to be nearly impossible.

From my experience the best thing is to get people to try it, once they feel it, it ignites a curiosity in them that will stay with them forever.

The difficulty is how do you get people to try something, they don’t believe in?

I found this description

Reiki is a universal, graceful and compassionate energy that can heal on many levels. As it flows through into the recipients body they will deeply relax, balance and become calm. But Reiki can do much more than this.

All of our energy systems are linked, the mind, body and soul; each of these systems are connected and can have an effect on each other. It follows then that if a cleansing, healing energy flows through the body, the spiritual body and the mind will also benefit. This is how Reiki works; flowing through the body, cleansing, healing and detoxifying the system on many levels and therefore healing the mind, body and emotions