Thread: Greta

Greta

You know your famous when you can be simply referred to by your first name and everyone knows who you are on about!

She does seem a bit of a Marmite character, but love her, or loathe her she has made an impact, if only that it gets people talking about climate!

Greta Thunburg seems to have gone very quiet, which is a shame, she definitely had a momentum in her movement that was inspiring the younger generation and gave them a voice in their future world.

Personally I love Greta Thunberg, but I know many who don’t.

To have taken a place on the world stage as she has, at the age she is, is an incredible achievement and really takes some guts. She has come in for a lot of flack for many different reasons, but in my opinion whether you agree with her stance on climate change, you have to admire her for her passion and belief in a cause. Not many people in this world carry that passion, drive and commitment, and I for one admire these qualities in her.

I’m with Tanya, my husband can’t stand her, but I think she is an incredible role model for our younger generation and she has a fantastic career ahead of her. Let’s hope she keeps herself real, and does not fall foul of her own hype.

I think she is inspirational, and I agree with Jake, her passion and commitment to the cause should be respected. Such passions are very rarely seen in today’s thin veiled society. I hope she finds her voice again and returns to highlighting our changing climate.

Don’t you think she comes across as a bit righteous?

Quote Originally Posted by Pippa View Post
    Don’t you think she comes across as a bit righteous?
    Righteous because she tells us we need to wake up, see the changing climate and act on it? Possibly, but then, if she didn’t come across that way, her message would be lost.

Sadly it seems to make a point in this world, you have to resort to violence, or have a certain attitude that raises you above the norm. The flack people get when they are in the media takes a certain type of person to be able to overcome it.

I think it is wrong to confuse her temperament as being anything other than someone who strongly believes in her cause. It is a quality I certainly admire in her.

It does make a mockery of the whole climate scientists when a 17 year old girl share the stage with them and predominantly is the focus for questions on climate! I think she is a strong girl and genuinely has a passion for climate change activism, she can and is a force for good, but maybe should be channeled more with knowledge and understanding of her cause.

There is more to climate change and reducing emissions than big business. You tackle the consumer and big business changes over night, that’s what her focus should be on. Consumerism.

I can’t stand her! She has barely lived her childhood before she was telling the world how it should function.