Thread: The Worlds drinking water

Blog Entries

The Worlds drinking water

The worlds drinking water

The availability of the worlds drinking supply is threatened, with a growing population over 7 billion set to climb above 9 billion by 2050 this finite supply will become scare.

This video highlights the current problems around the world, and reminds us that we should all be mindful of this precious, life sustaining resource.
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life

I had no idea, water was such a scarcity. Why isn’t this being shouted about?

I’ve read about this calamity heading our way for some time now, all roads point to the time frame 2050 which is 30 years away, a time frame that effects many people alive today, so why is there not more being done early enough?

The cotton industry is one of the biggest users of water with thousands of gallons of water used every hour to make fashion clothing. We need to think about our throw away society where clothing is made cheaply so we are happy to throw them away without a thought to the cost to our environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Westielover View Post
    The cotton industry is one of the biggest users of water with thousands of gallons of water used every hour to make fashion clothing
    The agricultural industry is too! lets face it there are too many humans on this planet, its natural resources simply can not sustain the ever growing population.

Our oceans are full of water can we not make this into drinking water through filtering? Excuse my ignorance!

Globally, at least 2 billion people use a drinking water that is contaminated with faeces

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    The agricultural industry is too! lets face it there are too many humans on this planet, its natural resources simply can not sustain the ever growing population.
    I think the agricultural industry has more need to use the water for crops etc whereas the cotton industry is using thousands of gallons of water to make clothing when we have landfills full of discarded high fashion clothing that has been discarded