Thread: Ceylon Cinnamon

Blog Entries

Ceylon Cinnamon

Name:  FB3E51D6-B74E-449A-91CA-2F5EA4FA0533.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  21.4 KB

I just love Ceylon cinnamon and make sure I have this very warming spice daily in my smoothie. The health benefits are well documented:

Ceylon Cinnamon is very useful in helping to maintain blood sugar levels in people suffering from diabetes, it does this by helping glucose metabolise in the liver.

It contains anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antimicrobial effects, which means that Ceylon Cinnamon can help to boost your immune system.

There is a suggestion that as a result of the anti-inflammatory effects it can help to normalise blood pressure and support cardiovascular health.

The Ceylon variety of cinnamon is slightly harder to find than the more common Cassia variety, but the hunt is worth it, as the Ceylon Cinnamon is packed with the health benefits not found in the Cassia variety
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life

I didn’t realise there were different types of cinnamon. It’s a spice I never really know what to do with, any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Tanya View Post
    I didn’t realise there were different types of cinnamon. It’s a spice I never really know what to do with, any suggestions?
    Sprinkle some on your porridge, with nuts, seeds and honey

Cinnamon buns are delicious and I love the fragrance of cinnamon in my home, it always reminds me of Christmas time

Cinnamon always reminds me of Christmas especially coupled with orange