Thread: Gooseberries

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Gooseberries

Name:  932B3CED-F3C3-4972-A306-E5B5AC6BE8E7.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  19.5 KB

My amazing and very generous neighbour gifted me some of her home grown gooseberries, and I am now enjoying these prickly fruits daily in my smoothies. Here are some of the health benefits you can get from eating these seasonal fruits:

They are packed with vitamin C, with 1 cup giving you a whopping 46% of you daily vitamin C recommendations. Along side this, they have vitamin B5, B6, Copper, Manganese and potassium.

They are high in fibre and low on calories

They are rich in antioxidants, flavonoids and Anthocyanins

They may help to control blood sugar, they are an alpha-glucosidase inhibitor, this Meade it binds to special enzymes in your small intestine, preventing them from moving sugar out of your gut and into your blood stream.

Heart healthy; eating a diet rich in berries is associated with a lower risk of heart disease.

These fruits are best eaten seasonally to maximise their health benefits, enjoy!
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life

There are not a fit I would naturally buy, and probably the least bought berries, although I do love a gooseberry crumble, with extra creamy custard