Thread: Oregano

Blog Entries

Oregano

Name:  D1836CF8-5E03-4DF9-A334-4FE71823406D.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  21.8 KB

oregano is another one of my staple herbs, I add a spoonful into my daily smoothies to help keep my gut health in check. The Greeks and Romans associated oregano with joy and happiness, and I think I would have to agree. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy too:

Oregano has antibacterial properties, the compound Caracrol found in oregano makes it a natural antibiotic.

It has anti-inflammatory properties, with some suggestions that this herb can help with autoimmune arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.

Oregano can help manage diabetes, by improving insulin resistance, regulates the expression of genes that affect fat and carbohydrate metabolism, and helps to restore damaged liver and kidney tissues.

Oregano is a powerful antioxidant and can help to play a role in protecting us from the damage caused by free radicals.

I’m a huge fan of Oregano, but I must give a warning to anyone using the oil, it is very powerful and when applied directly to the skin it can burn or irritate the skin, I speak from experience
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life

What inspired you to put it into your smoothie? It has such a strong taste, doesn’t it overpower your smoothie?

I think it has anti-viral properties too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Amie View Post
    What inspired you to put it into your smoothie? It has such a strong taste, doesn’t it overpower your smoothie?
    I had an upset stomach and wanted to find a herb that gets rid of bad bacteria and promotes good bacteria, and this herb ticked the box. Whenever I use shop bought herbs I always buy organic. Many herbs are heavily spayed with toxins.
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life

Quote Originally Posted by Louise View Post
    I had an upset stomach and wanted to find a herb that gets rid of bad bacteria and promotes good bacteria, and this herb ticked the box. Whenever I use shop bought herbs I always buy organic. Many herbs are heavily spayed with toxins.
    Is this similar to a probiotic if it promotes good bacteria?

Quote Originally Posted by Westielover View Post
    Is this similar to a probiotic if it promotes good bacteria?
    Oregano is amazing, it helps to eliminate bad bacteria, while promoting good bacteria, I have the essential oil which is extremely powerful and should not be applied directly to skin as it will cause irritation.

I also add dried oregano whenever possible to cooking and smoothies.

Hasn’t oregano got strong anti-viral properties too?