Name:  D1836CF8-5E03-4DF9-A334-4FE71823406D.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  21.8 KB

oregano is another one of my staple herbs, I add a spoonful into my daily smoothies to help keep my gut health in check. The Greeks and Romans associated oregano with joy and happiness, and I think I would have to agree. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy too:

Oregano has antibacterial properties, the compound Caracrol found in oregano makes it a natural antibiotic.

It has anti-inflammatory properties, with some suggestions that this herb can help with autoimmune arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.

Oregano can help manage diabetes, by improving insulin resistance, regulates the expression of genes that affect fat and carbohydrate metabolism, and helps to restore damaged liver and kidney tissues.

Oregano is a powerful antioxidant and can help to play a role in protecting us from the damage caused by free radicals.

I’m a huge fan of Oregano, but I must give a warning to anyone using the oil, it is very powerful and when applied directly to the skin it can burn or irritate the skin, I speak from experience