Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Menopause

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Menopause

I think I’m entering the early stages of the menopause, I want to prepare my body and support it for the changes it will be going through, any ideas and recommendations for natural ways to do this?

What are your symptoms?

I seem to have more mood swings, I’m clumsy, generally more hormonal, very tired, low in mood.

There doesn’t seem to be an outright solution for this period in a woman’s life, generally it is symptom control. Everything I have read points to lifestyle changes, rest, exercise, healthier diet choices. I know some people have found high doses of vitamin C has helped, although I don’t know why.

I’ve heard black cohosh is beneficial for hot flushes and night sweats

I would take a supplement like evening primrose oil as the low mood will really affect you

Quote Originally Posted by Joolz View Post
    I would take a supplement like evening primrose oil as the low mood will really affect you
    This has been around for many years and is clearly a well tried and tested supplement! It certainly has a cult following!

Heavy metals in your body can produce the symptoms of the menopause, tiredness, hot flashes, etc

Consider reducing the toxins that you add to your diet, and have a detox for a week, every other month, you may find this beneficial in keeping any unwanted symptoms at bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ella View Post
    Heavy metals in your body can produce the symptoms of the menopause, tiredness, hot flashes, etc

Consider reducing the toxins that you add to your diet, and have a detox for a week, every other month, you may find this beneficial in keeping any unwanted symptoms at bay.
    But her symptoms are from the menopause, not by heavy metals, so how would this help her?

Why do men think it’s so funny to take the pi** out of menopausal women?