Thread: The chemicals in our lives

Blog Entries

The chemicals in our lives

The Chemicals in Our Lives

An interesting documentary raising awareness of the amount of chemicals we are exposed to in our everyday lives.
    These chemicals have a huge negative impact on our health with long term consequences. This documentary highlights the importance of reducing our exposure to chemicals where possible.

It is possible to make small changes in our lives that collectively may lead to a big difference in you and your families health.

Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life

I think it is very difficult to get away from chemicals these days it seems everything we come into contact with is pumped full of chemicals including our food.

Quote Originally Posted by Freespirit View Post
    I think it is very difficult to get away from chemicals these days it seems everything we come into contact with is pumped full of chemicals including our food.
    You are absolutely right, but it is not impossible to reduce the amount of chemicals we are exposed to. Let’s look at a typical morning washing routine:

Wake up:

Coffee - Milk has antibiotics and hormones, coffee has chemicals sprayed on it, sugar is toxic to our bodies
    Brush your teeth - Fluoride is damaging to our health and teeth, the chemical in toothpaste are not natural - plastic tubing
    Shower - shower gel full of chemicals, in a plastic container, shampoo full of chemicals In a plastic container, conditioner full of chemicals in a plastic container.
    Deodorant - in a metal and plastic container, damaging to the lungs, skin and lymph.
    Perfume - chemicals on skin and breathed into lungs
    Face cream - more chemicals and plastic

And this is all before you’ve had breakfast! There are changes we can make which can reduce the plastic packaging, and more skin friendly natural products we can buy to ease the toxin load on our bodies.

Elvira you make a very good point, it is certainly something that most people don’t think about!

Way too many chemicals in our lives, I have made a conscious effort to use steam instead of cleaning products and to limit the amount of chemicals I put into my body

I’ve noticed that even so called healthy products for your skin are packed full of chemicals. My advice is to make your own using essential oils, at least you know what’s in it then!

Quote Originally Posted by Mary03 View Post
    I’ve noticed that even so called healthy products for your skin are packed full of chemicals. My advice is to make your own using essential oils, at least you know what’s in it then!
    That’s not always convenient for most, but I agree, making your own is a sure fire way to reduce the unknown chemicals. I think it is so difficult in today’s society to limit our exposure to chemicals.

In all honesty, I’ve looked for more eco-friendly, toxin-free ways to clean my house, but I generally find I am struggling to find a product that is comparable to the stronger chemicals.

There was a huge following of Mrs Hinch on YouTube and she was promoting products that were full of toxic chemicals and they were selling out in supermarkets! I have bought a steam cleaner and use that to clean my home so far more safer