Thread: Book - How Not to Die

Blog Entries

Book - How Not to Die

This book was published in 2015 was written by Dr Michael Greger MD, renowned for his hugely popular website www.NutritionFacts.org
    The book offers the reader ground breaking scientific evidence behind the only diet that can prevent and reverse many of the causes of disease-related death.

This very informative and interesting book is jam packed with information regarding the most prevalent diseases of our time and so much more.
    A must read for anyone interested in the science behind the facts. Dr Greger has a brilliant way of reaching out to all reading abilities with this book, making the power of this knowledge accessible to all.

Described as being 'Full of practical, actionable advice and surprising, cutting-edge nutritional science, these doctor's orders are just what we need to live longer, healthier lives'
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life

History of prostate cancer in your family? Put down that glass of milk and add flaxseed to your diet. Have high blood pressure? Hibiscus tea can work better than a leading hypertensive drug—and without the side effects. What about liver disease? Drinking coffee can reduce liver inflammation. Battling breast cancer? Consuming soy is associated with prolonged survival. Worried about heart disease (our #1 killer)? Switch to a whole-food, plant-based diet, which has been repeatedly shown not just to help prevent the disease, but arrest and even reverse it.

I think a little of everything you fancy and you won’t go far wrong. My Nan lived to be 98 and she ate everything in moderation without cutting out carbs or fat or eating faddy diets so there must be something to be said for that!

There are a few recipes in here that are meat substitutes like burgers and bolognese which I don’t think vegans are interested in but otherwise a great book

I’ve never understood why they make meat substitutes in recipes, as a vegan I don’t want my food to look like meat

It was this book that changed my eating habits and stopped me eating meat, I realised the impact it was having on my body. I don't miss it at all.

This is an awesome book, I enjoyed it so much I bought the cookbook too. he writes really well, and if you follow him on YouTube, you can almost hear his voice as you read the words. definitely recommended.