Thread: Our poles are on the move!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Our poles are on the move!

I’ve recently read that scientists are expecting our magnetic pole to reverse, and recent science suggests this could happen some 10 times faster than they first predicted. But what does this actually mean for us as humans? Will we notice the change? After all we are made up of energy and magnetism effects us, could this explain the changes we are seeing on the planet, the upheavals?

Just a thought!

I think it would make sense that the flipping of the poles and the change in the magnetism would have some effect on humans. After all we are just bundles of energy, the earths core will have an effect, maybe it explains the unease in the world today.

It is interesting to read about the South Atlantic Anomaly and the effect it is having on electronics navigating through that area. What affect will the process of flipping cause on the worlds computer systems?

Quote Originally Posted by Deena View Post
    It is interesting to read about the South Atlantic Anomaly and the effect it is having on electronics navigating through that area. What affect will the process of flipping cause on the worlds computer systems?
    I read that the South Atlantic Anomaly has occurred before and that it is a reoccurring phenomenon, apparently it existed as far back as 11 million years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    I read that the South Atlantic Anomaly has occurred before and that it is a reoccurring phenomenon, apparently it existed as far back as 11 million years ago!
    What a load of rubbish! How can they possibly know that?

But the reality is that: Multiple magnetic fields would fight each other. This could weaken Earth's protective magnetic field by up to 90% during a polar flip. Earth's magnetic field is what shields us from harmful space radiation which can damage cells, cause cancer, and fry electronic circuits and electrical grids. This is scary if it true!

You don’t hear much about this and the effects it will have, is it because they don’t really know, or because it won’t really affect us in our lifetime?