Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wearing a mask

Well today it is mandatory to wear a face mask in shops and I am not sure it is going to have a positive effect on the retail industry as I for one will now be ordering a lot more online. I can’t stand the feel of the mask on my face so when I do shop it will be for a short period of time. There is also news that some people think it is against your human rights to be told you HAVE to wear a mask, not sure I agree with that but I do feel sorry for the shop assistants on minimum wage that will be posted at the front of the store trying to enforce the wearing of masks and being given a tyranny of abuse. Time will tell whether there is a hidden agenda here!

I see the whole Mask wearing plan is to be extended to 12 months with a review in January!

Why are we now still social distancing 2 metres, wearing a mask and queuing outside? This really is not helping companies to get going again, I for one hate going shopping now and I know many people feel the same way!

Fine, wear a mask, but let’s get back to normal, while wearing masks. Otherwise our economy will not recover, and unemployment will grow.

I can’t get over how much of a problem it has been for people to wear masks! It’s simple and if it means we can get back to normal, why don’t we just comply?

I should get used to it, Ithink wearing a mask will become a way of life over the coming months, and we will eventually be like China, where it becomes common place on a streets in years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    I get fed up seeing how people are discarding their masks, a seagull had to be cut free from someones face mask litter! what's wrong with people?
    I agree with you Harrison there was a pile of masks that had been discarded on the car park outside the supermarket. It seems that even a pandemic doesn’t alter people’s behaviour!

I was in a Cafe Nero the other day, and two people were in the queue, one person was getting a takeaway coffee, so had to wear a mask, and one was drinking in, so didn’t have to wear a mask!!!

I kid you not . That’s how ridiculous the current recommendations are, no wonder so many people are fed up!

A recent trip to the sea was a bit of a shock as nobody wore face masks at all which is in stark contrast to my local area where everyone wears them. It does drive me mad to see people wearing a mask and then still keeping 2 metre distance, why?!!!

I’m working in a shop today and people are so grateful when I say they don’t have to wear their mask. I’ve never had so many spots and the majority of people are not going to wash their mask after every use so no point at all I would imagine!

I think the whole mask thing has been a debarkle, I have seen them being worn as chin straps, elbow patches, hair bands, wrist warmers, they are touched constantly, thrown in people’s bags, pockets, on tables in cafes, and worse still, thrown on the floors in the streets, I counted 22 in one day the other day!

Masks are okay, with limited research to justify their use, but when they are being used as they clearly being used, people are literally putting themselves and others at far greater risk to their health and others.

There has been no education on their use at all, I was with a young women in a shop the other day, her mask was absolutely disgusting, it had clearly been used to numerous times, with the front almost worn of and peeling. She was definitely putting herself at greater risk through the constant touching of her face.

I think the whole mask guidance should be re-visited, it is not working and if anything putting people at greater risk, as Beccy says.