Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Re-using your waste

Quote Originally Posted by Ben17 View Post
    I make wax melts and use recyclable card, I really don’t agree with excessive amounts of plastics. There are more shops opening with refillable containers instead of single use which is good news.
    We had one of these shops open up in our small town but sadly there was just not enough demand so it closed down within months. How sad that there is not enough people willing to make a change for the good of the environment

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Why is card not used more? I understand there is a place for some plastic, certainly for containers that hold fluid, but card could be used so much more.
    I think card isn’t used as it doesn’t travel well, when you have a product in cardboard it is more fragile in transit and because of the tonnes of plastic we are now manufacturing it is actually cheaper to use plastic.

I’ve seen CD’s being used when planting seedlings

I think should be classes in school where they look at ingenious ways or re-using unwanted items. A way to encourage kids to look at their stuff differently, and maybe these same kids will be our scientists in the future. I wonder if schools do visits to recycling centres?

Blog Entries
    These are all great, but our waste comes in so many forms, remember old clothes are waste products. Can they be cut up and used for any other purpose? Or made into something else? Even the padding for a cat basket.

Clothes are environmentally costly, where we can re-fashion then in some way, we should try.
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life

I was at work the other day and was pleased to see staff reusing wrapping, boxes, and bubble wrap for other uses, lessoning the need to buy more. I think it would be good to see local communities having sites when used packaging can be offered free to people in the local area.

For example I could offer my amazon box and internal packaging to people in my area for free, this reduces the need for more to be produced. Worth a thought!