Thread: Flooding in China

Flooding in China

The flooding in China during the Monsoon season has seen records broken, with flooding reaching 15m above flood level barriers. Late last year and early this year the UK saw record flooding. Is this the start of things to come?

Will the seasons blend more than ever, with mild wet winters and dry summers? If so, this shows that climate change is already upon us and turning back the tide, will take years if even possible.

There has been an ongoing change in our climate for many, many years. Maybe the changes have been very subtle up until now and so have passed us by as being a ‘poor’ year. I guess the question must be, is the flooding related to I dread rain or poor drainage?

Continuing to build new houses, reduces land for absorbing the water, causing more run off and ultimately flooding in residential areas.

Blog Entries
    I see that India have suffered record floods too this week, it seems that as each year that passes records are being broken year upon year.
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life

4 million displaced, but displaced where? Where do 4 million people wonder off too?

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    4 million displaced, but displaced where? Where do 4 million people wonder off too?

I’ve often wondered this, when you hear of millions being displaced in places, it is like my whole county being turned out...

I think the extremes we are seeing on all weather fronts is symptomatic of the changing climate the world has succumb to. It is too late to change it, we need to learn to adapt.

If this becomes the new global norm, maybe we should find a way to harness this water, we have to learn to live in this new changing climate. For a start low level housing should be banned, housing should be built on higher levels.

They have been saying for many, many years now that sea levels will rise, why do we wait until it’s happened before we react?

Flooding seems to be the new norm every Autumn/winter. Some friends of mine have had their homes and businesses flooded and it takes months to sort it out. I also think that insurance companies are putting clauses in that don’t cover you for floods so the cost of protecting your property is huge

I can’t speak for China, but if the keep building on green land in the UK, it will cause more flooding, there isn’t the land for the water to be soaked into, building houses just causes run off! I think this will be a future problem for us all.

We seem so hell bent on stopping the climate change in order that we can continue to live like we always have, yet I do not see any real attempt to look at ways to live within this changing climate, as well as reduce our impact on the planet.