Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Rosemary - Rosmarinus officinalis

Name:  60BACE0C-2519-4864-B9A5-1E440DAD4674.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  21.7 KB

Rosemary

Rosemary is most notably used as a culinary herb, however it has been used as a medicinal herb for thousands of years and is considered amongst some to be a sacred herb.

Key actions:
    Stimulating and toning.

Benefits:
    Nervous system
    Rosemary can help debility, lethargy, vertigo and paralysis. known to improve memory, concentration and alertness as well as relieving headaches.

Digestion
    An excellent digestive tonic, helping to support liver health, as well as treat diarrhoea, colitis, wind and colic.

Circulation
    Supports the lymphatic system. Useful for low blood pressure and cold extremities.

Womens health
    Helps to relieve painful periods, use as a massage over the abdomen or in the bath.

Hair and scalp
    Stimulates the circulation helping hair grow strong and healthy. Helps to treat alopecia and dandruff and is known to remove lice and scabies.

Muscles and joints

Rosemary can ease joint pain associated with arthritis and rheumatism when used as a massage or compress.

Usage:
    See 'Safe Use of Essential Oils' article

Bath, Massage, Diffusion, Compress, Inhalation or Sauna.

Blends well with: Basil, Orange, Lavender, Peppermint, Lemongrass, Pine, Olibanum, Petitgrain.

Safety: Safe in dilution.
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life

It’s interesting to read that it can help with memory, I certainly need all the help I can get, do you know if the benefits are gained by consuming rosemary?

Apparently the smell of rosemary can enhance memory and is sometimes used in tests to boost memory test results by up to 7%

I never realised the power of rosemary on the memory, very interesting!

In the 16Th century, rosemary was often burned in areas where the sick lay to disinfect the air and get rid of germs.

Blog Entries
    I’ve found that adding the herb rosemary to my morning smoothie my memory has improved. It is known to aid memory, but I don’t think I would have believed the benefit had I not seen the improvement myself.
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life

Ive heard of rinsing your hair in rosemary water, it is supposed to be good for the scalp and make the hair shine, treat dandruff and scalp irritation.

Quote Originally Posted by Holley View Post
    Ive heard of rinsing your hair in rosemary water, it is supposed to be good for the scalp and make the hair shine, treat dandruff and scalp irritation.
    what do you do, steep the herb in hot water then wait for it to cool before rinsing? or do you use the essential oil?

I have been reading up about Rosemary, either add the concentrated version of your Rosemary essence to a carrier oil, or use from fresh herb and mix with a carrier oil and warm/infuse on the stove - but it is known to stimulate hair growth when applied to your scalp, hair roots.