Thread: Night sweats

Night sweats

I’m a woman of a certain age and have started to develop night sweats, which I find quite horrible. I’m not a sweaty person at the best of times, so to find myself sweating through the night and waking up damp is quite disconcerting.

I would like to find some natural solutions to this problem, does anyone have any suggestions?

I used to suffer from night sweats and it is horrible to wake up with pools of sweat under your boobs and all over you. I always kept a packet of baby wipes by my bed to wipe myself down, a water spritz it nice to cool you. Keep away from spicy food, alcohol and stress! Not easy on a night out but these are all ways to help without taking medication and HRT is quite controversial at the moment.

Do men get hormonal night sweats?

Quote Originally Posted by J-jay View Post
    Yes, if their Testosterone drops low enough, sometimes medications can cause this, cancer treatment for prostate can cause hot flushes.

Sage tea or tincture is very good at reducing/preventing night sweats.

Quote Originally Posted by J-jay View Post
    Men get the male menopause, but it is rarely spoken about, but is a real problem.

Black Cohosh is said to be very good. Although I don’t think suits everyone. But if you are suffering a lot, it may be worth a try, my friend takes it and swears by it, but she did say it took some time to be effective 5-8 weeks. So persevere, so long as you don’t get any side effects.

Sipping cool water throughout the night (Then you would then be up all night peeing!) Keeping a cold pack under a pillow, then turning your pillow over to rest your head on a cool surface. Avoiding common night sweat triggers such as alcohol, spicy foods, caffeine, cigarettes. De-stressing through deep breathing, relaxation, and exercise.