Thread: Probiotics DoWe Need Them?

Probiotics DoWe Need Them?

https://www.webmd.com/digestive-diso...sks-benefits#1

According to this article we make enough good bacteria in our gut without the need to take a probiotic supplement but I disagree. I have irritable bowel and the probiotic drinks are amazing at calming my stomach pains and I really notice a difference when I haven’t taken them. Is it mind over matter I wonder?

I take a probiotic every day and I think we definitely need them

I think they are a gimic that is sold to us to make us buy a yoghurt drink! We have millions of good bacteria already in our gut so why the need to top up?

There is a lot of good press about probiotics and I do feel better when I have my little drink every morning

I disagree with this article, yes we do have bacteria in our stomachs, but no where near on the level we should have. Think about it, out bacteria is based on the foods we eat and our environment. If you eat a diet predominantly based on processed food and live in the city do you really think you will have good bacteria?

I think a probiotic supplement is essential if you have a poor diet. A healthy gut is key to feeling well.

It is well documented that the soil we grow our food in, even the organic soil is not as nutritious as it once was. We certainly do not consume the level of fiber that we should to maintain a healthy gut, so I think supplementation is essential, unless you eat an excellent diet, rich in all food sources.

Yes, we can’t get enough good bacteria in our stomachs, whether you take it in the form of a supplement (not entirely recommended) or you take it through natural food sources you should find lots of ways to boost your microbiome where possible.

We need a diverse range of good bacteria in our gut and probiotics can help us to obtain this diversity. This is a very simple, quick video to watch that will help you understand the importance of our microbiome.
    Last edited by AletheaRiggs; 25th September 2020 at 11:35.