Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Bowen technique

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    I seem to be suffering from neck pain on a daily basis and I’m not sure if it is stress or my pillows not being supportive enough. Would this be a good treatment for me?
    Absolutely, it is very gentle and is a whole body approach, it doesn’t work against the body, so only corrects what is needed.

Bear Grylls is a huge advocate of Bowen therapy, I liked it when he said that Bowen had made sure old injuries didn’t cause him problems. Which is an important aspect of any of these therapies, they are designed to allow the energy to flow freely and not accumulate in injured areas.

It is perfectly acceptable to have Bowen therapy as a maintenance treatment, a bit like going to your dentist for a check-up, but nicer!

Quote Originally Posted by J-jay View Post
    I was recommended Bowen therapy, I’d never heard of it, and in all honesty, thought it was a sham therapy, but I was really impressed. I only needed three sessions, about a week apart, but it did the job!
    Is it painful?

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    I seem to be suffering from neck pain on a daily basis and I’m not sure if it is stress or my pillows not being supportive enough. Would this be a good treatment for me?
    I think neck pain is becoming one of the most common conditions due to computer based working, mobile phones and tablets.

Do you think it’s the power of the mind more than the treatment? A placebo effect, you believe on it so you feel the benefits?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by May26 View Post
    Do you think it’s the power of the mind more than the treatment? A placebo effect, you believe on it so you feel the benefits?
    I don’t believe it is, when I had my treatment I was so shocked by how little seem to be happening, I remember lying on the table thinking, well this is a waste of time, and then the following day... Wham! I was hit badly by a healing crises, so this would suggest that it is not a state of mind!
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life

Having watched the video I can’t imagine this therapy has any effect but it seems to have a great following so there must be something in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Freespirit View Post
    Having watched the video I can’t imagine this therapy has any effect but it seems to have a great following so there must be something in it.
    I had a cricked neck recently and it would not improve, so I decided to see a Bowen therapist, and it was eased almost immediately and over the coming days it got easier. I only needed to visit once.

Wow I have never heard of this technique and it looks very gentle but obviously powerful