Thread: Psoriasis

Psoriasis

My Father suffers from the most terrible, and at times debilitating Psoriasis, he is on strong medication from his Doctor, which can cause severe side effects, but I would like to suggest something topical he can apply to the skin which can help to clear up the affected skin and offer soothing.

Any recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by Alison66 View Post
    My Father suffers from the most terrible, and at times debilitating Psoriasis, he is on strong medication from his Doctor, which can cause severe side effects, but I would like to suggest something topical he can apply to the skin which can help to clear up the affected skin and offer soothing.

Any recommendations?
    My father does too and it has meant that on a hot summer day he is wearing long sleeve tops and trousers due to feeling embarrassed of the scars he has from psoriasis it’s so sad. I have heard that sun beds are good and light therapy is offered as a treatment.

I do feel so sorry for people with psoriasis, my dad has this and he is embarrassed by his scars. I think sunshine is good but most sufferers tend to cover up so they don’t get the benefits

I personally think Psoriasis is an internal issue and so should be tackled by what you do and don’t put into your body, our skin reflects our inner health. I’m not saying it’s the only answer, but I think a diet where certain foods are eliminated and others added will certainly go some way to controlling the flare up of psoriasis.