Thread: Sprouted brown rice

Blog Entries

Sprouted brown rice

Name:  321F9BE3-F061-4DA2-97C6-71082E4FEFB2.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  19.9 KB

Brown rice, like all grains contains Phytic acid, which prevents the absorption of nutrients from the grain. Phytic acid can impair the ability to absorb minerals such as iron, zinc, magnesium and calcium, potentially leading to mineral deficiencies, as a result the Phytic acid is often referred to as an anti-nutrient.

In order to overcome this anti-nutrient, the grain is sprouted, this enables the minerals to become bio-available. Sprouting brown rice is very simple to do, but takes a few days, so it is best to plan ahead if you are wanting to enjoy brown rice.

Name:  C19EC63C-A9A4-4CE8-83EF-F7A1B0EAE1CF.jpeg
Views: 263
Size:  9.7 KB

How to sprout your own brown rice

1, Rinse brown rice in warm water. Leave in a bowl and cover with warm water, NOT hot or boiling water. Drape a clean tea towel over the top of the bowl to keep bugs and dust out. Leave to soak in a warm area for 12-20 hours.

2, Drain the rice in a sieve, rinse well with clean water. Leave the sieve with rice in it over a bowl and leave this to drain, cover loosely with the clean tea towel. Repeat this process every 6-8 hours. Continue to repeat this process for 1 - 2 days, or until the very tiny sprout emerges from the grain.

3, Do not let the sprout get long as it will alter the effect of the brown rice. Ideally consume straight away, or store the well drained rice in an airtight container and refrigerate for a maximum of 1-2 days.

4, Cooking germinated rice will require slightly less water and cooking time.

What are the benefits of eating brown rice? Visit https://www.organicallypure.co.uk/fo...520-Brown-Rice
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life

If I saw this in my supermarket I would alert the manager, it looks like it’s gone off!

I am intrigued with this I have never heard of such a thing

Lots of people sprout their grains and seeds, it boosts the nutrient content and so easy to do, like the article states, if kept short, it doesn’t affect the taste. You just get more benefits from eating the same foods.

The down side is that you need to plan your meals a little in advance.

How unusual are these sprouted rice? I have never seen this and would have thought them to be bad for you so I have learned something today

Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    How unusual are these sprouted rice? I have never seen this and would have thought them to be bad for you so I have learned something today
    If it’s a seed and normally edible, you can eat it. Sprouting most seeds make them more nutrient dense and healthful.