Thread: Lipoma - Benign fatty lump

Lipoma - Benign fatty lump

My Mother suffers from Lipoma’s and although up until now, these haven’t caused her any problems, they are getting bigger and now causing her pain from pulling on surrounding tissue.

Surgery is the obvious answer, but is there anything that can be done naturally to make the lumps smaller, which may mean surgery is not required?

Apparently you can use liposuction to reduce the size of the lump but it won’t remove it all also steroid injections into the lump can also reduce the size

Sage is said to be very good at breaking down fat, you can take it internally, or make an oil which has been infused in sage and apply it to the affected area, a couple of times a day. But you will need to be consistent and stick with this for about a month. However, during this time you should start to see some benefit and this will hopefully spur you on!

Frankincense is said to work very well on dogs, I don’t see what the difference is, dogs-humans all the same to me!

What is Lipoma?

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
    What is Lipoma?
    Lipoma is a benign (non cancerous) fatty lump but can be painful if it grows larger and attaches itself to surrounding tissue

This is an except from a dog site, but it talks about the use of medical grade essential oils in the treatment of Lipomas for dogs..... dogs - humans, we are all the same!

Aromatherapy’s essential oils (see “Essential Information,” WDJ January 2005) may help lipomas in some cases. Dr. Blake says, “As part of the healing protocol for all tumors, I use a combination of frankincense (Boswellia spp.), sandalwood (Santalum album), and Douglas fir (Pseudotsuga menziesii) to aid the body in its detoxification and healing process. I have the owner massage a small amount of these oils into the tumor daily until the body has no need for it.”

Jeannie Thomason, CVND (certified doctor of veterinary naturopathy), was working as a veterinary technician 24 years ago when one of her dogs developed a lipoma on her right shoulder. “I had seen many dogs have lipomas surgically removed only to come back again, usually bigger and more of them,” she says, “so there was no way I was going to go that route. I had been doing research on the healing properties of pure, therapeutic grade essential oils. I pulled out my frankincense and began to apply a couple of drops directly on the tumor and lightly rub it in. Within 48 hours I could see a remarkable difference in the size of the tumor – it was shrinking! I continued to apply the frankincense daily until the lipoma had totally disappeared.”

Canine aromatherapist Frances Fitzgerald Cleveland of Littleton, Colorado, uses full-strength grapefruit essential oil (Citrus x paradise), which is not a distilled essential oil but rather cold-pressed from the peel of fresh fruit. “This is a very cooling, cleansing, and decongesting oil, like lemon,” she says. “Grapefruit oil helps the body eliminate excess fluids and break down fats, plus it promotes a lightness of spirit. It is my first choice when working with lipomas. I find it aids in clearing the lymphatic system, helps with congestion of the skin, and is a tonic to the system. I have used it on two of my dogs with great success in keeping their existing lipomas from getting any larger and shrinking some to a smaller size."

Essential oils are usually diluted before being applied to dogs, but one or two drops of therapeutic-quality frankincense or grapefruit essential oil can safely be applied to an adult dog’s lipoma once or twice per day.

Taken from:http://dogaware.com/articles/wdjlipomas.html

Blog Entries
    I thought it was interesting to read that the Homeopathy treatment Thuja 10M has been used as a treatment in dogs, which is more commonly used to treat warts, dizziness, fungus and headaches. It may be worth visiting a Homeopathic for further help and advice.
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life