Thread: 2020 is the tipping point for action

2020 is the tipping point for action

It has been muted that 2020 was the year that changes had to be made in order to have some chance in slowing the inevitable climate change. The concern is that the virus has dominated world events and focus has now shifted from long term catastrophes, to short term issues.

This year was the year that big commitments were expected to be made towards countries climate footprints, the fer is that any delay in committing to these will result in a delay that is ultimately too late!

I honk this has definitely been a year of reflection and we have seen some positive impact on our environment during lockdown. Will it make a difference? Sadly I very much doubt it!

I think the tipping point passed us a while back, look around you! We are in the beginning of August and the leaves are falling off the trees as though it is Autumn. The weather patterns, extremes of flooding, fires, heat are all an already changed planet, not warning signs.

Our eco system is so finely balanced that it won’t take much to tip us of course to a point it is uninhabitable.

Action should have been taken 20-30 years back, not now, when we have passed the point of no return! And let’s face it, climate is only really considered a household word since Greta has come along and rammed it down our throats!

The Government considers climate change as taxation, to force us to not do something, without offering a viable solution - this will always lead to failure!

Blog Entries
    I think there is, and ways has been too much apathy to change anything. There seems little fight in the UK population.
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life

The climate has already changed, you can see this everywhere around the globe. Each month reports from different countries state that their weather patterns are record breaking, and honestly I see little action. I agree with Staci, we have missed the boat as far as being able to slow down or even reverse the changing climate.

There needs to be action on making the world a place where people can live safely within this changing climate. Maybe bring houses up from sea level to a level where they are less likely to be flooded with water.

It is being reported that Greenland’s ice has melted beyond return, the ice is said to disappear regardless if we could reduce climate warming emissions.

This will have a direct consequence on the seas, which are said to be increasing by 1mm a year, which I grant you, doesn’t seem much, but the time has come for us to realise that there is no turning back, we have to accept the new normal is a deteriorating environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo View Post
    It has been muted that 2020 was the year that changes had to be made in order to have some chance in slowing the inevitable climate change. The concern is that the virus has dominated world events and focus has now shifted from long term catastrophes, to short term issues.

This year was the year that big commitments were expected to be made towards countries climate footprints, the fer is that any delay in committing to these will result in a delay that is ultimately too late!
    I think with lockdown due to Covid we have seen that climate change can happen when we look at how pollution levels dropped dramatically and sea life returned with clearer waters. Maybe Covid was sent from God in 2020 to force climate change!