Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Growing older

Growing older

Does anyone have any recommendations to promote or maintain health as we age?

I want to start while I’m young-ish to prepare my body for ageing, a type of prevention, rather than cure. What works for you, or what are you doing to maintain your health as you grow older?

Diet is the number one factor in the ageing body, that must be your first port of call, change that and focus on reducing inflammation.

I think you need to do some sort of exercise even if it’s to go for a short walk to get the blood pumping and open up your lungs. A balanced diet and obviously no smoking or drinking in excess. Look after your body on the inside and keep your skin moisturised and you will look and feel young. Remember ‘age is a privilege not everyone gets’ just be proud of who you are and embrace old age

Keep moving, regular walking keeps the heart in motion and body supple, yoga is also really good!

How amazing is this 100 yr old lady! She even glows

Quote Originally Posted by Sian View Post
    How amazing is this 100 yr old lady! She even glows

Yoga, dancing and don’t forget to put your eyebrows and lippy on

Quote Originally Posted by Phoebe View Post
    Does anyone have any recommendations to promote or maintain health as we age?

I want to start while I’m young-ish to prepare my body for ageing, a type of prevention, rather than cure. What works for you, or what are you doing to maintain your health as you grow older?
    What is your measurement? Healthy for the age that you will be? Or healthy like 20 years younger than your actual age?

Plenty of fruit and vegetables, and lots of stretching.

Don’t drink or smoke, my mum has never done either and looks really young whereas my dad is the same age and had a heart attack so must be something in that!

What you put inside your body shows on the outside so beauty definitely comes from within