Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Obesity

Obesity

Boris wants to tackle the UK obesity problem by stopping 2for 1 and special deals on high fat and sugar foods

Blog Entries
    There seems to be a lack of understanding as to the cause of obesity by the government, as always!

I don’t think the country has got fat from buying 2 for 1!!!! And when will they move on from the old adage of low fat, low sugar??? Surely the 80’s, 90’s and 20’s experiment has shown that all that happened was we got fatter!

I agree with Caree, the population has been eating low fat, sugar free foods for decades now and we are fatter than ever! I’m not talking about the morbidly obese person that clearly has a complete other set of issues, I’m talking about the general population that are simply chunky, maybe carrying 2-4 stone more than their ‘ideal’. These are the people that have spent decades trying to do right, but end up fatter and sicker.

Until there is honest understanding about the food we eat, it doesn’t matter what changes you make to policy, it won’t change the waist lines of the nation.

I think it’s all the chemical in our food that is disrupting our hormones, it’s not about quantity, it’s quality every time!

There is too much money involved in the food, dairy and sugar industries to ever really be honest about the impact of these foods on our health. Overweight has become the new norm, anyone of normal weight is deemed as ‘skinny’ in todays times. The health burden in the future will be astronomical, we will see rising numbers of cancers and all other chronic health conditions.

We need to have a new perspective on being overweight and that it, it’s not just about the additional ft you carry around, but the additional toxins and the effect that has on your long term health.

There is such a lack of understanding of what food does, I get laughed at if I mention the benefits of foods!

The government does not do enough to promote fruit and veg, maybe a subsidy of organic food would help. If the government was so interested in getting our nation healthy then it would find ways to fund the healthy, nutritious food and make it more affordable and the easy choice for all households.

I see that being obese with a BMI over 30 puts you at a greater risk of getting Covid-19. Does this suggest that obesity reduces your immune system?

It’s quite shocking when you really look around and watch how many people are becoming obese, the long term risks to their health are huge. Why do people not care enough about themselves to want to change and slim down? Is food really that important in their lives?