Thread: Zapped energy

Zapped energy

I seem to be zapped from all my energy these days, it would be all too easy for me to just sit on the couch and veg out. I do keep pushing myself but the cost of this at the end of the day results in me being fast asleep by 8pm
    Any natural energy ideas?

I think the stresses of daily life make you feel zapped. We never switch off properly, even when I watch the TV I’m looking at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Joolz View Post
    I think the stresses of daily life make you feel zapped. We never switch off properly, even when I watch the TV I’m looking at Facebook!
    I’m exactly the same, It’s like I get board of just concentrating on one thing. We live in a world of constant stimulus. I know a lot of people that have to have the tv on just to fall asleep!

You need high dose B vitamins and some Vitamin C

Make sure you are maxed out on your vitamins and minerals, maybe you are lacking something. Also stay off sugar, it could be causing you slumps, which will make you want to eat more food/sugar, which ends up like a cycle.

Also drink plenty of water.

I used to be zapped of energy and taking naps all the time but since I have been taking a vitamin tablet every month and I have come through the menopause I have much more energy. Be careful not to rely on large amounts of sugar to list your mood

Quote Originally Posted by Westielover View Post
    I used to be zapped of energy and taking naps all the time but since I have been taking a vitamin tablet every month and I have come through the menopause I have much more energy. Be careful not to rely on large amounts of sugar to list your mood
    That’s a good point, it’s too easy to fall foul of the sugar cycle, which won’t help you at all. Zinc is very good, you can get it in supplements or more naturally by adding pumpkin seeds to your diet, or add them with a handful of nuts as an afternoon snack.
    Chickpeas, lentils and pulses are also good food sources.

Feeling lethargic and zapped of energy may be a post-viral thing, or it may indicate stress (adrenal fatigue) or too much heavy metal in your diet. It might be worth looking at doing a mini detox for a week to see if it makes a difference on how you feel.

Caffeine is bad for increasing the stress hormones in our bodies, producing more adrenal fatigue, so I would suggest limit this to one cup in the morning and add in more filtered or spring water to your diet.

Blog Entries
    Carbohydrates can really take their toll on our energy, it may be worth looking at your diet, and seeing if you can eat lighter as the day progresses, reducing your carb intake and see if this makes a difference, you may have to allow a week or so to see any sustained benefit.
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life