Thread: Blue light glasses

Blue light glasses

I seem to be sitting at my computer, phone, tablet more and more, even to watch movies, and have noticed I’m getting really irritated eyes, headaches and general tiredness.

I’ve heard of blue light glasses, but has anyone had any experience in these and can recommend their use?

Market Study Report, a market research company, says the global market for blue light eyewear will increase to $27 million by 2024, up from $18 million in 2019. The advertised benefits of the glasses include less eyestrain, improved sleep habits, and prevention of eye disease.

I think the jury is out on this one with many experts saying that blue light glasses are not effective but there is obviously a huge market for them

I’ve noticed there is a blue light mode on for night reading which must be designed to cut the glare and eye strain. I must admit I find it gives me more eye strain when it’s switched on!

Another gimic someone has dreamed up to make money I think!

Quote Originally Posted by Judy202 View Post
    Another gimic someone has dreamed up to make money I think!
    No, definitely not! I had a virus in my eye which meant my eyes were extremely photophobic, normal light wasn’t too bad, although bright, but screen light was outright pain, it was like having my corneas scratched with glass everytime I blinked. I was advised by the hospital to get some blue-light glasses, which I did, at great cost and the difference they made was massive. I could use my screens with absolute minimal pain.

So, in my case, I had an extreme problem, but it does show they do have some effect.

I wear light blue lenses nd have noticed my eyes seem less tired after working at the computer screens for hours. You notice you don’t rub your eyes so much. You can pick them up fairly cheaply online.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow View Post
    I wear light blue lenses nd have noticed my eyes seem less tired after working at the computer screens for hours. You notice you don’t rub your eyes so much. You can pick them up fairly cheaply online.
    Do you mean they are tinted blue or they are just cosmetic lenses to change your eye colour?

Quote Originally Posted by Freespirit View Post
    Do you mean they are tinted blue or they are just cosmetic lenses to change your eye colour?
    No, these are clear lenses, but the work by trapping the blue light that is emitted by computer monitors, tablets and phones. I think TV’s have this blue light to a degree too.