Thread: Parenting advice from your phone!

Lightbulb Parenting advice from your phone!

Screen-time messages designed to decrease phone use

A new project encouraging adults to communicate more with their kids and focus less on their smartphones has been launched. It includes sending them messages with parenting advice.

The guidance is part of a project to help parents communicate with young children linked to the BBC’s Tiny Happy People campaign and developed by a speech therapist for the Greater Manchester Combined Authority.

But does it work?

Surely sending them messages via their smartphone defeats the object, when they have to look at their phone to read them!!

Quote Originally Posted by Westielover View Post
    Surely sending them messages via their smartphone defeats the object, when they have to look at their phone to read them!!

Has it really come to that in this world!

Parenting is difficult and there is no right or wrong way to look after your children so I think the last thing you need is advice on your mobile phone. Just engage with your kids and get your nose out of your mobile

I think it is really bad if your phone has to tell you to engage with your children! Seriously, is that really necessary? Do parents not want to engage anymore? And if not, what type of society are we bringing up?

When someone actually engages and focuses on them, they won’t be able to cope with the intensity!

I fear for the future of humanity, I really do! Have we become so far removed from what our natural instincts are? ‘Nature and nurture’