Thread: Endangered species return

Endangered species return

Name:  FBCA6609-F47C-47C1-833A-A0E866C5A33A.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  20.5 KB

As a result of the global lockdown due to Covid-19 there has been a re-emergence of all species onto territory most commonly used by humans, and species that are considered endangered are now showing tiny signs of survival, for example the Hawksbill Turtle in Thailand.

This should be a stark warning to humans about how our existence, lifestyle and ever increasing population is coming at the cost of other species that we share this planet with.

I am hopeful at Thailand’s suggestion that the beaches should be closed for 2 months every year to allow for wildlife to spring back, let’s hope that nature finds a way of over coming the human species.

I read that jellyfish returned to the canals in Venice. It just highlights what affect humans have on this planet and how we muscle out other living species for our own benefit. Beautiful to see, but sad to learn what affect we have.

I read dolphins had returned to parts of Portugal too. We should really take note of these changes and see how quickly nature returns. Maybe restrict humans venturing into these areas a number of days a week, to allow recovery.

They have returned, but now the people are venturing back, these same endangered species are now under more threat because they are subjected to the humans again!

I saw this on the news they have seen fish in Venice and the seawater is clearer, if only this could continue but sadly now we are out of lockdown the pollution will begin again. At least it demonstrates that there is a chance to reverse some of the damage caused by pollution.

Quote Originally Posted by Freespirit View Post
    At least it demonstrates that there is a chance to reverse some of the damage caused by pollution.
    It certainly shows us how quickly the wildlife and environment can recover when humans cease to take over! Which in some ways is reassuring, but in other ways, it makes you realise direct the impact we have on the environment.

I think if we were all more mindful of the effect our actions have on the planet it would make a difference but sadly for every person that would take that approach there are hundreds that won’t

Quote Originally Posted by Hippee View Post
    They have returned, but now the people are venturing back, these same endangered species are now under more threat because they are subjected to the humans again!
    This is so sad isn’t it? There seemed to be hope that the endangered species could be saved but since we have come out of lockdown people seem to have less regard for marine life than before!

I bet they’ve all gone again now we’ve come out of lockdown!