Thread: Eco-friendly products

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Eco-friendly products

Name:  17DB9E9F-5571-4BC9-9A3F-F5B799CA1BD9.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  8.8 KB

I have to admit, I want to do all I. An to save the planet, not add to it’s human burden, I’d like to use less packaging, less toxins, less water, but I am also constrained by a budget. I saw these new paper washing strips, which in all fairness promise to do I what I am looking for, but at £12.99 for 32 washes compared to £9.00 for 36 washes of Ariel tabs, I struggle to make the change.

Yes, it could be argued that it is only a few less washes, and a few more pounds to save the planet, and let’s face it, the planet and it’s natural habitants are worth it, but I apply this eco-friendly approach to all my shopping, I will end up with less product and more cost. For me, it is not sustainable.

How are people supposed to make the jump, when there is no incentive

I think the incentive is that you are doing your bit to save the planet and as the famous supermarket says “Every little helps”.

Quote Originally Posted by Westielover View Post
    I think the incentive is that you are doing your bit to save the planet and as the famous supermarket says “Every little helps”.
    I agree, absolutely. I guess my gripe is that there is a need and a push for us to be more environmentally aware, but where is the incentive? Money talks and people will always buy cheaper products.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dani View Post
    I agree, absolutely. I guess my gripe is that there is a need and a push for us to be more environmentally aware, but where is the incentive? Money talks and people will always buy cheaper products.
    I also agree with you all, but just as the government taxes ‘luxury’ goods, why doesn’t it reduce the tax on eco-friends goods to say 10-15% to encourage people to buy them, or at least try them!
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life

Quote Originally Posted by Louise View Post
    I also agree with you all, but just as the government taxes ‘luxury’ goods, why doesn’t it reduce the tax on eco-friends goods to say 10-15% to encourage people to buy them, or at least try them!
    I think it has been muted in the news today that healthy choices should be subsidised.

Quote Originally Posted by Sian View Post
    I think it has been muted in the news today that healthy choices should be subsidised.

Subsidised by whom? The Government? Which is ultimately the tax payer? Why should the tax payer constantly cough up for the choices people make?

Do these dissolve in the wash then? Anything that is eco friendly is so much more expensive but cost more to make I guess

The government only subsidise what benefits them and eco friendly produ to don’t put money in the governments purse!