Thread: Childhood obesity

Childhood obesity

Is the UK at the level of the US yet for childhood obesity? This seems to be a growing problem, and long with it comes reduced fertility rates, diabetes, mental health disorders, cancer, and numerous chronic health conditions.

This is the result of too much social media and sloppy parenting. It’s too easy to stick the TV on or thrust an iPad in front of your child while you are posting pictures on Instagram and Facebook about your perfect life that isn’t really perfect at all! Children are not interested in playing outside and they don’t know how to anymore. It is so sad

Kids are set up to fail judging by the foods that are offered them and the lifestyles that we all lead now! In fact you could say it’s a miracle that not all kids are overweight or obese!

As Joolz said, parents are too involved in their own social media lifestyle now-a-days. What image are they setting for their children?

I think children are so sad now-a-days that obesity or anorexia will be the only two weight options in the future for children. I think the future is going to require a lot of therapy!

They are bringing back turkey twizzlers so is it any wonder childhood obesity is on the rise!!!

Get kids outside and off their mobiles and games consoles, too many of them sat looking at a screen and eating crap!

When I see images on TV of young children I am got-smacked, 70% of children are clearly overweight or obese, why???

Why are parents not taking responsibility for their child’s health? Is there really no understanding between the connection of being overweight and chronic diseases such as Cancer and diabetes.

When children are obese at such a young age it affects their growth, the shape of their limbs and their future health. I firmly believe parents should be held accountable and should be made to attend an education class, to support them.

Just like when you are speeding you are made to attend a speed awareness course!

If you look at the food industry it only costs a few pence extra to ‘go large’ so of course you are going to go for it and the buy one get one free means food is in abundance. Kids are rarely out on their bikes or running in the park, they are sat in front of computer screens so there is bound to be a rise in obesity!

I find it very sad to see so many overweight children. Their long term issues will be huge, why don’t people make the connection to carrying additional weigh and chronic health conditions? It has been said that a lot of these overweight and obese children are actually suffering malnutrition! Crazy eh!

Blog Entries
    When walking around I definitely seen a socioeconomic link to the weight of children today. It seems that the average child now is carrying some additional weight, to a greater or lesser degree. This will only add to the longer term health problems that will be seen in society, such as diabetes, heart disease, depression and cancer.
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life