Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brain fog and tiredness

Brain fog and tiredness

I seem to be suffering from extreme tiredness, by 7pm I’m falling asleep, and throughout the day, I feel I have brain fog, I struggle to think clearly, my concentration is off and my clarity and quickness of thought is significantly lacking.

My GP doesn’t seem too interested, any ideas, suggestions, or similar experiences?

Are you taking any meds that may be causing this experience?

You don’t say how long you have had this for, is this a new onset?

Can I ask your age? My mum has all these symptoms when she was going through the menopause and they are classic signs. I think your doctor can do a hormone test to see if you are going through it. Otherwise medication such as anti depressants can cause brain fog and tiredness. Hope you feel better soon

Depression can make you tired and to be fair this weather is making me lethargic!

Hi, is it not possible to speak to a different doctor at your GP surgery to get a blood test? Not wanting to make you worry but these symptoms can be linked to certain illnesses. I had and still have brain fog and difficulty concentrating, but found out that these symptoms are caused by a blood disorder I have been diagnosed with after a blood test (not suggesting that you may have it).

Quote Originally Posted by Dahlia View Post
    Hi, is it not possible to speak to a different doctor at your GP surgery to get a blood test? Not wanting to make you worry but these symptoms can be linked to certain illnesses. I had and still have brain fog and difficulty concentrating, but found out that these symptoms are caused by a blood disorder I have been diagnosed with after a blood test (not suggesting that you may have it).
    A little scary but I do agree with you that a second opinion is needed, brain fog, tiredness and poor vision are connected to many illnesses so definitely worth see,in further advice and don’t take no for an answer

Water, water and more water! The most common cause for these symptoms is dehydration and in the weather we are having in the UK dehydration is a very real possibility.

Most people think they are drinking enough, but in reality many people struggle to gulp down the recommended amount of 4 pints of water a day! Herbal teas can be included in this, and natural juice extracted from fruits and veg, but not tea or coffee, as these can deplete you of water, not add to your water supplies!

Blog Entries
    Candida in the blood can do this to you, diets rich in carbohydrates can be quite zapping. Obviously, as Dahlia quite rightly said, see your GP, there could be a medical underlying problem that is causing this effect in you.
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahlia View Post
    I hope you are feeling better now Dahlia and that any treatment you may have been offered is working for you.
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life

Thanks Louise, taking medication long term to keep blood counts under control. Still have brain fog though, i'm just more aware of what I can and can't do mentally