Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brain fog and tiredness

Quote Originally Posted by Dahlia View Post
    Thanks Louise, taking medication long term to keep blood counts under control. Still have brain fog though, i'm just more aware of what I can and can't do mentally
    That sounds awful Dahlia, brain fog can be such a debilitating thing. I hope it will be something that will improve in time for you.

Hormonal changes can make you feel like this, that’s why pregnant women become so forgetful. Hormones have a lot to answer for!

Vitamin Q-10 is very good for boosting our energy and giving clarity to our mind, does anyone supplement with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Dahlia View Post
    Thanks Louise, taking medication long term to keep blood counts under control. Still have brain fog though, i'm just more aware of what I can and can't do mentally
    Hi Dahlia, is it possible that your brain fog is not connected to your blood problem, but something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Carol78 View Post
    I seem to be suffering from extreme tiredness, by 7pm I’m falling asleep, and throughout the day, I feel I have brain fog, I struggle to think clearly, my concentration is off and my clarity and quickness of thought is significantly lacking.

My GP doesn’t seem too interested, any ideas, suggestions, or similar experiences?
    Experiences: I cut out all sugar, dairy and wheat and my brain fog went in about 4-5 days, It was the weirdest thing. It was like a cloud had lifted off my brain and even my vision seemed sharper! I would recommend anyone and everyone try this!

Have I maintained this? No and honestly, I’m so angry with myself, because I know how good it made me feel, but I am struggling with the world right now and seem to turn to comfort foods to help me cope!

Quote Originally Posted by over the hill View Post
    Experiences: I cut out all sugar, dairy and wheat and my brain fog went in about 4-5 days, It was the weirdest thing. It was like a cloud had lifted off my brain and even my vision seemed sharper! I would recommend anyone and everyone try this!

Have I maintained this? No and honestly, I’m so angry with myself, because I know how good it made me feel, but I am struggling with the world right now and seem to turn to comfort foods to help me cope!
    I’ve heard this a lot, people cutting out processed food, especially grain and feeling they have a clearer head as a result. There is a book about it called the grain brain, I think.

This is the updated version: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Grain-Brain...dp_ob_title_bk

Blog Entries
    I’ve just finished reading a very interesting book about the heart and in it the author suggests that we should fast for 12 hours a day. Doing this would bring clarity to our minds and reduce the brain fog so many of us feel.
    This brain fog is said to be associated with the increased insulin that floats around our system. Constant eating without long periods of fasting causes a constant trickle of insulin to circulate and this results in chronic inflammation.

Recommended ways to fast would be to have your last meal at 6pm and not eat until 9am the following day, not really a hardship. Of course this timing can be altered to suit your lifestyle.
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri23 View Post
    I’ve heard this a lot, people cutting out processed food, especially grain and feeling they have a clearer head as a result. There is a book about it called the grain brain, I think.

This is the updated version: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Grain-Brain...dp_ob_title_bk
    I have seen this book, it seems to pop up on my Amazon recommended list, but I have yet to read it. Let me know if anyone has and their thoughts on it.
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life

Quote Originally Posted by Carol78 View Post
    I seem to be suffering from extreme tiredness, by 7pm I’m falling asleep, and throughout the day, I feel I have brain fog, I struggle to think clearly, my concentration is off and my clarity and quickness of thought is significantly lacking.

My GP doesn’t seem too interested, any ideas, suggestions, or similar experiences?
    This does seem a little off, and unfortunately, it may not be an answer or a cure, but something to read about. I am reading a book called the invisible rainbow and it lists many symptoms such as yours, it may give you an explanation.

So, a bit of an update, I read what people put, and worked on putting some things in place, reducing my sugar intake, drink more water etc, but I don’t really seem to benefit as quickly as I wanted or to the degree that I wanted. I spoken to a different doctor, no chance visiting them due to Covid. In the meantime, I have reduced the time frame that I eat and reduced my grain. I have to admit these changes require far more preparation and advanced planning.

I am feeling a slight improvement, it’s early days and I’m inpatient, I want instant changes, with little effort, if I’m honest.