Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brain fog and tiredness

Quote Originally Posted by Dahlia View Post
    Hi, is it not possible to speak to a different doctor at your GP surgery to get a blood test? Not wanting to make you worry but these symptoms can be linked to certain illnesses. I had and still have brain fog and difficulty concentrating, but found out that these symptoms are caused by a blood disorder I have been diagnosed with after a blood test (not suggesting that you may have it).
    I took on board what you said and telephoned the surgery, I got a call back from a different Dr and she agreed to check my bloods, given that I didn’t feel much improvement from the changes I had made, albeit brief changes. My bloods came back as clear, which obviously is a relief, but in someways frustrating. But thank you for giving me that push to go back and seek an alternative view.

For a while now I have been getting on much better and not had my afternoon naps at the weekend but today I just feel a complete brain fog has descended on me and took to my bed exhausted!

Quote Originally Posted by Dahlia View Post
    Thanks Louise, taking medication long term to keep blood counts under control. Still have brain fog though, i'm just more aware of what I can and can't do mentally

Brain fog seems to be more and more common lately with so many people reporting it for various reasons. Did you find a way to get on top of this debilitating condition?

I seem to be getting bouts of this some mornings but it is difficult trying to work out what sets it off.

I am planning on taking myself off into very remote part of Wales for a week or so. I have a great wild camp location where there is no interference from anything, no phone signal, no electricity, nothing but solitude. The problem is this time of the year the weather can be somewhat unkind so come the Spring I am off there.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    I seem to be getting bouts of this some mornings but it is difficult trying to work out what sets it off.

I am planning on taking myself off into very remote part of Wales for a week or so. I have a great wild camp location where there is no interference from anything, no phone signal, no electricity, nothing but solitude. The problem is this time of the year the weather can be somewhat unkind so come the Spring I am off there.
    Is that a test to see the underlying cause or just the need to get away?

Do you think your symptoms are environmental in nature?