Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weaning off antidepressants

Weaning off antidepressants

Weaning off antidepressants can be quite hard nd I’ve herd many people say that it was worse than being depressed.

Does none have experience of this and can perhaps make some recommendations for vitamins, minerals, foods etc to help ease the process?

Exercise and fresh air of course are a given.

I’m guessing you are under the care of your GP!

I would be looking to looking to boost my serotonin, and make sure I have enough happy vitamins on board, bananas are a natural choice for this.

I never understand why people want to wean themselves of anti depressants, you have a chemical imbalance that needs medication. If you had a bad heart you wouldn’t wean yourself off your heart medication.

I think the doctors give them out as sweeties, how will you every know if you need something or not unless you try not needing them?

Drink plenty of water and help your cells to function at their best. Good luck.

Make sure you are taking quality multi vitamins and minerals.

Try using herbs like rosemary and sage which are known to boost your mental state and clarity.

I think it is a very gradual process under the care of your doctor but I would say give yourself some space and time to stay calm and look after yourself. If you can avoid stress and meditate you will feel better.

Vitamin B complex in maximum doses will help you to come off the antidepressants, it seems to lesson the symptoms of the withdrawal, making you able to cope better with the transition.

I am on anti depressants and I think of them as like a heart medication, you wouldn’t wean yourself off that if you had a bad heart so why would you consider weaning yourself off anti depressants when you have a broken mind?

Most doctors will tell you there are no side effects to weaning off antidepressants but there are some terrible ones. I got brain zaps, vertigo, and suicidal thoughts. You need to get some professional help to wean yourself off them