Thread: Healthy Nutella spread

Blog Entries

Healthy Nutella spread

I just love Nutella, it is reminiscent of my childhood days hanging out with my sister, but I am keen to cut the sugar and only eat foods that sustain me and keep me healthy, not deplete my health. So I set about finding a recipe that does just that and here it is.

For this recipe I used:

6 Medjool dates, which were soaked overnight in a little water, just enough to cover them.
    300g of Organic Hazelnuts, I used the brand Suma
    1/4 cup of Cacao powder

The water you add is dependant on the type of spread you want, So I trickled this into the blending process according to my needs. I estimate this to be about 50mls, but just add 5-10mls at a time, so you don’t make it too sloppy.

If after taste testing you would like your spread sweeter, add a trickle of Maple syrup, I recommend always buying a good quality organic 100% maple syrup, as some are blends.

Finally, enjoy!
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life

I love Nutella too but the ingredients include palm oil which has a high saturated fat content and is harmful to your cardiovascular health. I will definitely be trying this

What is the difference between cocoa powder and cacao?

Name:  B113EE4B-D24C-45D8-9DA7-6E08CEB4926E.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  20.2 KB

Isn’t cacao bitter without the added sugar and fat? Do you get the sweetness from the dates?

How long does this last once you have made it as there are no preservatives in it?