Thread: Plastic alternative

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Plastic alternative

A plastic alternative has been invented by a woman name Sharon Barak, the sad question is, why have we never heard of her?

Her company: https://www.solutum.co/

I had to share this too, plastic made from 100% sugar cane, that you can throw away in your compostable waste.

These are amazing, so why are they not known about? Or widely used?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    These are amazing, so why are they not known about? Or widely used?
    I think there are people in government that squash people like this who are trying to make big changes to the way we live life and affect climate change. Corrupt government that makes millions from the plastic industry

It is outrageous that such incredible alternatives to plastic are available and have been for seemingly years, yet no one has ever heard of these companies, and theses products are not widely in use or available!

I really don’t get it! Why is there a constant drive for people to recycle, save the planet, reduce your plastic waste, while more and more products are using plastic! My recycling is ridiculous, plastic everywhere, and I’m careful about what I buy!

There has to be an agenda!

Watching this incredible woman actually made me cry because I think had she lived in America and not Israel and she had the weight of the government behind her she could change the way we live. 150 million single use plastics are produced every year that are killing our wildlife and polluting our environment but we let it continue because we go jogging or to the gym carrying our bottle of water and then discard it!

I think her idea is incredible my only query is if it dissolves in water how can it be used as an alternative to water bottles? Am I being thick?

Quote Originally Posted by Westielover View Post
    Watching this incredible woman actually made me cry because I think had she lived in America and not Israel and she had the weight of the government behind her she could change the way we live. 150 million single use plastics are produced every year that are killing our wildlife and polluting our environment but we let it continue because we go jogging or to the gym carrying our bottle of water and then discard it!

I think her idea is incredible my only query is if it dissolves in water how can it be used as an alternative to water bottles? Am I being thick?
    The plastic sheeting dissolves in warm water, whereas the bottles are made of a different alternative plastic - sugar cane.

What an incredible woman, my only reservation is that it doesn’t say how much this alternative costs to produce so is it a realistic alternative if it costs a fortune to make?

My thoughts too, also if it dissolves in water it’s no good for anything that is likely to get wet