Thread: Soy!

Soy!

I’m confused by Soy, is it good for you or not? I keep reading that we should not eat/drink it because it is a hormone disruptor, but I also read that it can prevent breast cancer

With so much conflicting information out there on foods, is it any wonder that people are so don confused about food!

I stay away from it, I’ve read bad things about it’s influence on hormones.

There seems to be conflicting advice but this is what I found.

Soy, it turned out, contains estrogen-like compounds called isoflavones. And some findings suggested that these compounds could promote the growth of some cancer cells, impair female fertility, and mess with thyroid function.

Meat alternatives contain soy and I think anything that claims to be an alternative can’t be good for you

Quote Originally Posted by May26 View Post
    There seems to be conflicting advice but this is what I found.

Soy, it turned out, contains estrogen-like compounds called isoflavones. And some findings suggested that these compounds could promote the growth of some cancer cells, impair female fertility, and mess with thyroid function.
    Is anything safe these days?

I think if you look into anything you can find something that may not be good for you

I think natural Soy is good for you, it is just when it becomes processed it becomes a problem. Like most things!

I thought soy was eco friendly but apparently not so I am feeling as confused as everyone else on this one