Thread: Eat out to Help Out, is it contributing to obesity?

Cool Eat out to Help Out, is it contributing to obesity?

The new government scheme to help boost the hospitality industry has been slammed as being a contributor to obesity. What do you think?

I think as there is a cap on it of £10 per person then it won’t contribute to obesity. I feel sorry for our government they can’t seem to do anything right

Quote Originally Posted by May26 View Post
    The new government scheme to help boost the hospitality industry has been slammed as being a contributor to obesity. What do you think?

Is this a joke?

Quote Originally Posted by GretaSundberg View Post
    Is this a joke?
    No!

Can you believe it....

‘A government subsidy to offer people 50% off meals in fast food restaurants risks undermining a fledgling anti-obesity campaign, experts have warned, amid growing evidence overweight people would be among those most at risk if coronavirus resurges’

I went out this morning for breakfast in our local market hall, I benefitted from the discount, supported my local business and choose healthy options. Why The report refers to the restaurants as being ‘fast food’ when that is incorrect. As usual sensationalism journalism! It really is disgusting. Gluttonous people will eat a lot whether there is a discount or not!

I don’t think it’s contributing to obesity but it certainly looks like it has contributed to a rise in COVID!

Why do we always have to point blame, rather than accept that if someone wants to overeat they will do that either in the house or out! We need to start accepting responsibility for our own actions!

Well I’m not sure it contributed to obesity but it certainly contributed to a new lockdown!

I think the lock down and fear tactics have contributed to obesity, lockdown in the winter months will result in tragic consequences for so many, and wait circumference will be one of the many growing problems.