Thread: Why Lentils?

Blog Entries

Why Lentils?

Lentils are a staple food in many countries in Asia, and it is no wonder! These little legumes, have a long shelf life, they are cheap and can be used in various ways, as a stand alone meal, or as a bulking agent to soups.

Lentils are heart healthy and free from fat, so are the perfect food to incorporate into your diet if you are looking to get healthier, or lose some weight

Check out this video for more information about the benefits of eating lentils.

Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life

I was blown away with how many health benefits there are in a humble lentil. When I was a child lentils were used in stews by the poor to make it stretch further, who would have thought they were actually eating healthily

Interesting, I like the way you make us look at the food we eat and view it as a food that benefits our health.

I had no idea that lentils offered so much health benefits. I’ll certainly be trying some recipes out.

Blog Entries
    Here is a link to a great lentil recipe

https://www.organicallypure.co.uk/fo...-winter-warmer
    Organically Pure
    Changing the way you live your life

My friend is Indian and he makes the most delicious Dahl which is lentil based

Love the vlog Louise, I was brought up believing that lentils were for poor families and used in stews to bulk them up and make them stretch further so I’ve never bothered with them but I will definitely have a look at them again

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn6 View Post
    My friend is Indian and he makes the most delicious Dahl which is lentil based
    Absolutely gorgeous meal

They are so good for your bowels and contain loads of amino acids. When I’m working and don’t have time to cook in advance or at work I stick a packet of Merchant lentils in the microwave with some packet grain and I have the healthiest, microwave, on-the-go meal that is possible, it keeps me going for hours and hours. Name:  2A68282A-2567-4A40-BBF8-F4777CB98BA7.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  17.3 KB

I’ve finally mastered the art of cooking my lentils (French, green and black)

1 cup of lentils to 1 cups of water, boil until there is only a small amount of water left in the bottom of the pan no lid on. Turn the heat down to the lowest setting, apply the pan lid and steam for about 5 minutes until all the water has gone. You may need to add a tiny splash more to allow for another 1-2 mins of steaming, then you’ll have the perfect lentils.